Wednesday, September 14, 2011

More Classes

I am truly enjoying teaching people how to make things out of clay.  My adult classes have now begun at the Largo Community Center.   It was the first wheel throwing class ever there on Monday morning.   My first student is Pam.   I told her this was the inaugeral class.   My planning and preparing paid off.   The City didn't get half of the things that I needed such as little boards to transport our creations from the wheel head to the shelf to dry.   I went and purchased a piece of leftover drywall for $2.00 at Lowes and cut them into 12 inch square pieces.   Taped the edges with masking tape to seal the edges.   This worked well.    I had one student in the evening class.
Tomorrow morning they want me to demonstrate working with clay in their lobby.  People will be coming in for a luncheon they said.   195 people!   They want me to be out there so I can talk
to people,  they can see what I do,  and perhaps get interested in taking the class.    It's nice they want to promote me,  and give me the opportunity to promote myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment