Thursday, August 11, 2011

It's a New Day

Sleep finally came to me.  It's morning and Cooper is laying right beside me.  He's the most loyal, loving dog.   It's a blessing he's been added to our family.   My daughter Allie had adopted Cooper from Animal Control about two and a half years ago.   She did it on the spur of the moment when Jaxon, her baby was a baby.  Now Jaxon is a very articulate three year old.   They said that Cooper bit Jaxon a few months ago.   I find this hard to believe.   He may have nipped him playfully,  but Cooper is always happy and wagging his tail.   Allie's husband Kyle said that she'd have to get rid of him.   She called me crying saying she didn't want to get rid of him,  but had to.   I gave them a couple hours to try to work it out, but they didn't change their minds.   Then I said,  "well,  bring him over!"   Then Cooper joined our family.  

Cooper seems very happy here.   I am home with him quite a bit,  and Robbie, our son is home for the summer from college.   He has really bonded with Robbie.   I think Cooper will really miss him when he goes back to school in about another week or two.

Today I think I'll make another gecko out of clay.   I am hoping to get into the Gecko Festival which will be held in Gulfport, Florida on Saturday,  September 3.   The organizers have my application and fee,  and I just haven't heard back from them yet.   I think I'll soon follow up with a phone call if I don't hear from them by the end of this week. 

Soon I'll be going back to work teaching people how to make pottery.  What a dream job!  The children's classes should begin around the first of September.   Once the Snowbirds come back to Florida, I have adults.   Locals could come too,  but it seems like mostly Snowbirds do.    Love those Snowbirds!

No comments:

Post a Comment