Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Almost Summer

Where has the year gone?   It's already the beginning of May.   My daughter Allison is due to have a new baby boy any day now.   It's exciting having a new member of the family.  His name is to be Mason.   I haven't heard yet what his middle name will be.   So,  Jaxon will have a new brother!   It's good for children to have a brother or sister to grow up with.  This way they'll have to learn to share.


On Sunday,  May 6,  our son Robbie will graduate the University of Florida's school of engineering.   We will be going up to Gainesville on Saturday.   Maybe Robbie will show us around his college.   I know that I am so proud of him!   May 6 is also our anniversary.  We have been married 35 years.


Back to grandchildren.    We recently found out that Amie and Hendra are expecting their second child.   So exciting!   By the end of the year we'll have two new grandchildren.   Kailani is seventeen months old now.  She's been walking since she was nine months old.   She calls me "Mama".    So cute!    Hendra and Amie just bought a new(er) vehicle.   They got a Ford Escape Hybrid.   It looks very pretty from what I've seen posted on Facebook.


I am getting ready for the end of the year with my children's pottery class.   I am digging through all my craft supplies looking for things they may want to do for the next two sessions.   This is the second to last class for this season.   My favorite children are now fifth graders.   Probably next year they won't be back because once they start middle school they'll be involved in many more activities.   I've enjoyed having them in my class.   I need to take the time to re-organize my pottery area out in the garage, and go through all of my supplies.   I think I'll do this today.  


I was asked to teach Summer Camp pottery classes to the children who sign up this summer at the Beach Art Center.   I've been working on ideas for projects and am making themed lesson plans.   We'll be exploring the art and learning about Hawaii, Indonesia, Australia, and the Caribbean.   In July,  we'll have a Winter the Dolphin themed camp week,  and a Dinosaur week.   I still have to make examples of projects for much of my lessons.   Lot's to do!



No comments:

Post a Comment